Spiced Pear & Ginger Pitcher CocktailOctober 5, 2017
With shorter days and cooler nights, there's no denying fall has arrived. What better way to welcome the new season, then with a dinner party-worthy cocktail, celebrating one of the best fruits of fall!
Recipe courtesy of The Kitchn.
- 1/4 cup honey (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup water (2 ounces)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3/4 cup Grey Goose La Poire vodka (6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups fresh pear juice (10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup cinnamon-honey syrup (2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chilled soda water (12 ounces)
- 2 1/2 cups chilled dry sparkling wine (20 ounces)
- 1 to 2 pears, sliced for garnish
- 6 to 8 cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- 6 to 8 fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- For the cinnamon-honey syrup, combine the honey, water, and cinnamon sticks, in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a slow boil over medium-high heat and then lower the heat to a slow simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, remove from heat, and let cool completely.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks.
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the pear vodka, ginger liqueur, lemon juice, pear juice, cinnamon-honey syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Stir until incorporated and chill in the refrigerator until you're ready to enjoy. You can even make this portion of the cocktail a day ahead and store it in the refrigerator; just give the mixture a good stir before serving.
- When you're ready to serve the cocktail, fill your pitcher or punch bowl with ice and add the chilled cocktail mixture.
- Quickly top with the sparkling wine and soda water and give the mixture a gentle stir.
- Prep individual cocktail glasses with ice, add the finished sparkling pear cocktail, and garnish with pear slices, mint sprigs, and cinnamon sticks.