Flower Friday: Fine Art and FlowersApril 15, 2016
This past Tuesday night, we hosted a fabulous event at the Abigail Ogilvy Gallery in Boston's South End. Thanks to everyone that came to sip champagne, make an arrangement, and check out the Liminal Drift exhibition!
We created a beautiful pink, green, and white arrangement in a glass vase. One of our favorite techniques that we've been teaching recently is how to use leaf ribbon in an arrangement - have you ever wondered how florists are able to wrap leaves around the inside of a vase? It's not as tricky as you think!
Want to see more of the event? Check out our Facebook album to see all the behind-the-scenes fun!
We'll see you at the Table! xo
- 2 Miniature Green Hydrangeas
- 2 Football Mums
- 3 Hot Pink Roses
- 2 Hot Pink Anemones
- 1 Pink or Green Cymbidium Orchid
- 1 Pussy Willow Branch
- Add your leaf ribbon to the vase, and create a tape grid on the mouth of your vase.
- Green your base using ruscus.
- Create a base floral structure in your arrangement using green hydrangeas and football mums.
- Strip your roses and place them around the hydrangeas and mums.
- Prepare your orchids (learn how to do this at one of our events!) and place them in your arrangement.
- Very delicately, add your anemones to the focal point of your arrangement.
- Cut your pussy willow branch in half and add it to your arrangement.