Bits + Blooms: Surviving Daylight Savings EditionNovember 4, 2016
Welcome to our new weekly feature where we'll be sharing some of Alice's favorite finds and interesting reads from around the web. Up this week, some inspiration for surviving daylight savings time, pursuing your passions and adding a little bit of brightness to your [shorter] days.
1. Platforms like Minted that support independent artists as they pursue flexible, creative careers are part of what inspired the Alice's Table host program. We loved learning about a day in the life of one of their artists and seeing how she balances her creative passions and motherhood. [Added bonus: Check out our San Francisco launch event with Minted Local, Minted's first brick and mortar store for our San Francisco launch event!]
2. Don't let your wardrobe start to match the darker days ahead. Take a cue from Sam at Could I Have That and try a vibrant shade of [flower-powered] marigold to keep your mood and your outfits cheerful.
3. Joanna Goddard always shares the best simple entertaining tips. This hearty two ingredient [!!!] pumpkin pasta is sure to impress any winter dinner party guest with minimal effort. Try making it with Cup4Cup flour, Alice's favorite gluten-free substitute.
4. If you're already dreaming of warmer locales, live vicariously through Lauren Wells' trip to Aix-En-Provence in southern France. Her sunny, flower-filled shots are the stuff winter daydreams are made of.
5. This month's Must Read list from Glitter Guide features all of our favorite things -- girl bosses, home decor and some light reads to help decompress after work and fill the increasing nighttime hours.