Bits and Blooms: Holiday DecorationsDecember 7, 2016
With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, the annual decking of the halls offers a nice opportunity to slow down. Theres nothing quite like this time of year, and setting aside some time to decorate, dress up and socialize helps every moment count.
This week, Alice has rounded up a a few of her favorites to elevate your holiday decor -- needle-free (you can thank us later) garlands, an excuse to watch your favorite holiday movies even more, and the most quintessential party shoes, sparkles included.
1. A roundup within a roundup, but we cannot get enough of these unique garland ideas we featured on the blog early this week. We especially love the flower-wrapped tree!
2. Forget the Yule Log and play one of these classic holiday movies in the background of your party instead. Alice's personal favorite is a tie between Home Alone and Love Actually!
3. Simple, bright Scandinavian-inspired holiday decor is everywhere this year. Whatever you celebrate, you can easily add a little hygge (pronounced hue-gah, it means "winter coziness") to your home with this guide from Apartment Therapy.
4. Decorate yourself! Vogue's roundup of the best party shoes for the holiday season has us ready to get dressed up. In startup world, you're often running from office to event, and a good pair of shoes spices up even the most boring workday ensemble.
5. Think of the gifts under the tree as decorations too. Camille Styles shares her favorite unique wrapping papers, and there's something for everyone -- including, of course, flower lovers.