Thanksgiving HarvestNovember 19, 2015
Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Next week, yikes how did that happen. We were at MET Back Bay last night learning an awesome arrangement fit for your Thanksgiving table. We used oasis to build a hearty and structured arrangement full of cabbage and artichokes. We brought in pin cushion portia and orchids to give the arrangement a delicate feel. This arrangement will last for at least a week as long as you make sure to rehydrate the oasis.
- 1/2 Bunch Seeded Eucalyptus
- 1 Branch Magnolia Leaves
- 3 Sunflowers
- 2 Artichokes
- 2 White Cabbages
- 2 Snap Dragons
- 1 Mokara Orchid
- 1 Pin Cushion Portia
- Soak your oasis in water until it is fully hydrated, then push it into your vase.
- Trim artichokes and carefully insert a stick into the base to create a stem. Place artichokes aside for later.
- Start building a base for your arrangement with the seeded eucalyptus. We call this greening your base!
- Once you have sufficient coverage, insert stems of cabbage. Don't forget to fluff the leaves for a dramatic look!
- Place stems of sunflowers, snap dragons, Mokara orchid, pin cushion portia, and artichokes.
- Come to an event to learn more about flower arranging with foam!