Alice's Joyous Gift GuideDecember 21, 2018
With only 4 days until the stockings need to be stuffed, it's game time when it comes to holiday shopping. I’ll be honest, I gave myself thirty minutes this Monday to finish my gift shopping online. I wish I had time to take a walk down Newbury Street, but between hundreds of events and some big things coming in 2019, this season has been too busy.
I know I’m not alone when it comes to last minute shopping, so I’m shaking things up this week to roundup to some of my favorites to give (or get!) this holiday season. So refill that cup of coffee (or wine), turn up the new John Legend Christmas album, and happy shopping!
What's On My List This Year
- If you know me at all, you know that I have a cup of tea on my desk at all times. When I stumbled across Ember I was instantly a fan. I grabbed one for someone in my family (..shhh), and finger’s crossed I’ll also be welcoming the new year with a toasty warm cup of tea.
- I wish I could say reading was a past time of mine, but I’m much more partial to an episode of Grace and Frankie or Modern Family. However, more than just few inspirational women came out with books this year that have quickly become favorites in the office. Joanna Gaines (need I say more?) published Magnolia Table and Reese Witherspoon came out with Whiskey in A Teacup. And as if that combo of girlbosses couldn’t get better, Diane Keaton just came out with The House That Pinterest Built. I’ve yet to get my hands on it, but based on the preview, it’ll be a coffee table centerpiece in no time.
- I love a good collab, so when I saw that Vouge and Urban Stems we’re teaming up earlier this year, I bookmarked the idea in the back of my mind. It’s perfect to send to those you won’t be able to spend the holidays in person with and takes a traditional flower delivery up about ten notches.
- Instagram feed aside, I’ve admired The Little Market for a while. They’re a woman-founded company that supports fair-trade women artisans from around the world. Their Everyday Totes are perfect for any gal on the go and double as great gift bag. Plus, this year they also released their candle subscription - who doesn’t love a gift that keeps on giving?
- Every list needs a splurge item right? My mom introduced me to the Haas Brothers year’s ago and they have quickly become some of my favorite artists to follow. This year they collaborated with L’OBJET to bring to life their famous family of creatures. And while I could never justify the candle, I’ve got my eye on the Lazy Susan Catch All.
- No (Alice's Table) gift list would be complete without one of our classes! Treat the women in your life to a unique girl's night out experience: learning the art of flower arranging while sipping cocktails never goes out of style!
- I love to cook, so my go-to gift is always something for the kitchen. But I also know that we all have one too many wooden spoons or cutting boards. America’s Test Kitchen (our neighbor in Back Bay!) now offers a subscription to their online cooking school which includes over 200 classes from novice to experienced.
- We partnered with Boxfox earlier this year and I quickly become obsessed. They’ve curated beautiful gift boxes that come in a variety of themes, with the option to also design your own. From the packaging to the cute notecard, they’ve thought of every detail.
- Last, but not least, I couldn’t leave out my pup harper out of the list. She’s now 3 years old, but it seems that she will always be a (very energetic) puppy at heart. During my daily browse on Amazon the other day I came across a no squeak, squeak toy - genius! The squeak is at decibels only dogs can hear, so you can have a squeak-free home and a happy pup - it’s a win win.