Holly Jolly DIY: Cinnamon Stick CandlesDecember 18, 2017
With endless holiday festivities on the horizon, we love to have an easy hostess gift in our back pocket. After the popularity of our DIY Gourd Candle Holders, we knew we had to share these Cinnamon Stick Candles with you! Whip one up in less than 10 minutes to add to a gift basket, or pair with our DIY Floral Napkin Rings for wintertime dinner party ambiance.
DIY recipe adapted from Treasures & Travels.
- Pillar candle, at least 3 inches tall
- Cinnamon sticks
- Holly berries
- Twine or ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Floral shears
- Measure the height of your candle, and cut the cinnamon sticks to match with the floral shears. We recommend preparing 15-20 cinnamon sticks per candle.
- Run a line of hot glue down the cinnamon stick and place it vertically onto the candle. Repeat until the candle is covered.
- Use the hot glue to adhere the holly berries to the outside of the cinnamon sticks.
- Wrap a piece of twine or ribbon around then candle and secure with a bow.
- Place the candle on a dish or coaster and enjoy!