Bubbly Juniper Berry CocktailDecember 25, 2017
Tis the season to eat, drink, and be merry! This winter we’re raising a glass to this bubbly cocktail that will get your guests buzzing. Perfect for any high-spirited evening, this festive take on sparkling wine is completely inspired by the joy that only the holiday season can bring.
It’s floral and herbal, with just the right amount of winter flavor flair. Perfect for any aspiring mixologist, this cocktail involves a slightly elevated simple syrup base and one bottle of bubbly. Once your juniper base is created, you can expect to be in and out of the kitchen in under 5 minutes! Whip up this crowd-pleaser at your New Year’s Eve bash or keep it on stand by for your next holiday soiree - everyone feels a little fancier with a bubbly drink in hand, right?
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup juniper berries, crushed
- 1 bottle (750 ml) dry sparkling wine, such as Prosecco
- Unsprayed pine sprigs
- Slowly bring the sugar, juniper berries and 1 ½ cups of water to a slow boil in a medium-sized pot. Stir regularly until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool completely.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and discard any solids. Refrigerate 1 hour or up to 1 week.
- For each cocktail, combine 3 tablespoons juniper syrup with 1/2 cup sparkling wine in a glass. Garnish with a pine sprig; serve immediately.