Thyme LemonadeAugust 30, 2016
It's hard to believe Labor Day Weekend is just around the corner. This refreshing summer classic, with a twist, is the perfect cocktail for your end of summer bash!
Recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart.
- 1 1/2 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, plus sprigs, for garnish
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup gin
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar, thyme, and 1 cup water to a boil; stir until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, gin (if using), and 6 cups cold water; strain into a large pitcher.
- Refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour (and up to 1 week).
- Serve over ice, garnished with thyme sprigs, if desired.