MojitoFebruary 10, 2016
Our Floral Filled Mardi Gras event at La Brasa in Somerville was a smashing success! You can see the flower recipe on our blog - check it out!
Bar manager Robert gave an excellent demonstration on how to make a mojito - I'm willing to say that it was the best that I've ever tasted. It was smooth, not too sweet, and very refreshing.
We love that Robert chose to use Privateer rum, since it's a local distillery. Support local businesses when you can!
This mojito made us dream of warmer weather - we've officially started the countdown to spring.
Here's the recipe. Cheers!
- 1 oz Privateer silver reserve
- 6 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
- Splash of soda water
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Lightly muddle your mint leaves - take special care not to bruise them!
- Combine mint leaves, rum, lime juice, simple syrup, and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake it three or four times, which is just enough to chill and blend the ingredients.
- Pour into a glass, top with soda water.
- Garnish with lime wedges, if you desire.